What is a Medical Device Reprocessing Technician?
Do you pay attention to details? Do you want to work in the medical field? Apply to the medical device reprocessing technician program in Calgary today!
This career is crucial to any healthcare facility. If you are interested in sterilization and surgical instruments, look no further.
Medical device reprocessing technicians are indispensable! They provide expertise, precision and cleanliness in any medical setting.
At Alberta Business and Educational Services, we provide a 40-week program for medical device reprocessing technicians. It blends classroom learning and practicums so new professionals are ready for the fast-paced world of healthcare. Continuing education in Calgary has never been easier.
Where can you work?
The possibilities are endless! Medical device reprocessing technicians are needed in a variety of settings.
- Healthcare facilities
- Surgical centres
- Dental clinics
Our medical school in Calgary prepares students for a wide array of jobs and medical settings. You worked hard so you can work where you want!
What is the salary?
The salary for new graduates coming straight from Calgary medical school is competitive. Alberta Health Services offers a respectable income, as do private care facilities.
- Average: Medical device reprocessing technicians make an average of $19.63 per hour.
- Maximal: These vital healthcare employees can move up to nearly $23 per hour. This comes with experience.
What does it take?
Personal qualities, habits and interests go a long way in this career. Are you meticulous? Do you work well in groups? These are essential components in any medical setting.
- Be a team player: You will be working alongside other technicians, doctors and nurses. Medical device reprocessing technicians play an important role in surgical teams.
- Accuracy: Sterilization is meticulous work. It requires patience, care and skills. If you are a detailed person, this is the career for you!
- Work well under pressure: The world of healthcare is exciting but stressful! Can you work under tight deadlines? Do you thrive in emergencies? The part of a medical device reprocessing technician is demanding in stressful situations.
- Cleanliness: Do messes bother you? Do you like order and tidiness? Medical device reprocessing technicians ensure organization and optimal sterilization.
- Interest in medicine: A keen interest in healthcare, medicine and surgery is necessary. Your skills and knowledge are founded in healthcare and sterilization practices.
- Responsibility: As technicians are vital to patient and surgical care, they need to be dependable. Being in control is essential for this career path.
Play a critical role in healthcare! We offer our medical device reprocessing technician program in Calgary twice a year.
If you are interested in this career, contact us today!